When Josh was in Florida, he wanted to start working out and eating more protein to grow muscles. He has been doing pull-ups, push-ups, and squats. Mom decided to start doing the squats with him for a while. The next day she was saying how much she was sore, and yelled every time she bumped her leg. She even hurt while trying to sit down or stand up. After a few days she had me, Dad, and Beth doing it too. We weren't laughing at her any more when we felt how sore we were! It took us forever to get down the 2 steps at our door to get outside. And whenever someone sat down you would hear a groan.
It hurt so bad!
Yesterday, Josh challenged Mom to a Squats Competition. So they thought up of a deal. They were going to see who could do the most squats. If Mom won then Josh had to help her do 45 min. of updating photo albums. If Josh won then Mom had to do his dinner chore for 2 nights. So the competition was on! They started to sweat when they got to 100. They were huffing and puffing when they got to 200. Finally Mom said that she couldn't do any more and gave up at 268. Josh was really excited!
After they were done, Dad was ready to have a competition. And what do you know, he picked me. The deal for us was that if I won Dad had to do 2 of my dinner chores. If Dad won I had to clean and vacuum the car. I didn't think I could get over 125, so I was pretty sure I would be cleaning the car. We lined up and with Mom counting we were off! We were doing good at 100. We were starting to sweat at 250. Dad asked me if I was ready to stop at 300, but I really did not want to clean the car, so we kept going. 350, 450 ,550. By now Mom was telling us if we didn't stop we were going to be sore, but both of us are stubborn and neither one of us was about to give up. 600, 700, 750, 800. Now Dad is asking me if I wanted to call a truce and nobody would win. I did not want to do those 800 squats for nothing so I gave it one more try. At 850 I had had enough. So we both called a truce. Now I am REALLY sore.
I was so sore that the ladder to the top bunk suddenly looked really tall.
Even though we didn't win anything, it was neat saying that me and Dad were able to beat Mom and Josh in doing squats.
LOVE YOU DADDY!

My poor Bren Bren. You must be soooo sooore. I wish I was there to take care of you. I can't believe how many you did, but I knew you could do it....but WHYYYY??? :-)
ReplyDeleteBe careful.
Love you