Thursday, May 16, 2013

My "Ministry"

  As a missionary kid you might feel like there is sometimes a "pause" in the ministry. That happened to me when we were waiting several months ago to find out if we could put invitations in the mailboxes here. It felt like forever but finally we found out we could. I was really excited. But then another wait when we needed more tracts. (you might not know, but I'm not really the patient type) I needed something that I could do for the ministry. 
  My great-uncle loves playing dominoes. While we were in Florida with him we played a lot of that game. Dad decided that it would be a neat idea to go to his house (well, really his mother's house) and play dominoes as a little ministry. He's wanting to soon incorporate a little Bible study into it too. Since I was the one who likes to play it Dad asked me if I want to go along. That started one of the things I look forward to every week.
  (if you don't know, Claude got saved a little after we started playing, so its neat thinking that I had a part in leading him to Christ)
 Every Tuesday night me and Dad go over to Mama's house, situate the table and chairs, grab the dominoes, and we're ready to play! (don't forget the coke and cookies that Mama gets for us) My great-aunt comes to check on Mama and cook some soup for her, so she likes playing a couple of games too. One time there were 7 people there (including me and dad) Everybody was laughing and having a good time.
 I love being a part of this ministry (and having a little alone time with dad too, which is very rare in a family of 8) and am so glad God has called my family here to Saint Barths!

2 comments:

  1. Brenna, I am so proud of you. It's wonderful to know you had a part in the ministry and a part in someone going to Heaven.
    Keep up the good work. God is using you in a very special way.
    Love and miss you,
    C U soon
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story of how God can use these everyday things to reach others. God bless you dear one for your part in reaching out to others. Am praying for you, your mama and family at this time. xx

    ReplyDelete